Saturday, June 6, 2015

18 days down, many years to go

It has been 18 days since Alisa passed away.  When people ask how we are doing, I just answer "as well as can be expected."  The truth is I don't really know how we are doing.  The boys seem to be doing really well.  They play Lego's, run around with their friends, fight, complain about the food, beg for dessert, and mostly obey.  Pretty much the same boys I have had since I can remember.

Not everything is the same.

The house is not nearly as clean, although we get amazing help from our family that keeps the house from turning into a disaster.

We don't eat as well, people are bringing us dinner, and it is really good, but I am learning that Alisa must have supplemented meals, because we are definitely not eating as many fruits and vegetables as we used to.

We barely made it to church last week, James texted me this Sunday morning standing outside my door.


Notice the time? Church starts at 11:00.  Yes, I was still sleeping, but we made it to church (late) and are determined to do better.

Sometimes we like to go through old pictures and videos, it is pretty fun, and we can't help but get a laugh.  Mostly because of Luke.  After watching the below vi
deo, James said: "Luke is hilarious, I wish I would have known him back then."  I have edited the video, so it is a little shorter.



James also found this picture and we like to call it The Cheerio Lord.  Not sure how this came about, but we are pretty sure he is about to use the Force on someone.

The Cheerio
I am so glad Alisa took so many pictures and videos.  She would always tell me I needed to take more of her (she was most often the videographer and the photographer), we have a lot, but I am sure I will get to a point where I wish I had more.

Thanks to my family and Alisa's family for helping keep us busy and occupied this summer.

11 comments:

  1. As well as can be expected is good for now. Such a major transition but I'm glad to hear you're still able to find joy and laugh. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd still be in bed and none of my children would have eaten, bathed, brushed their teeth, washed their hair, or even changed their clothes in the last 18 days. I'd say you're under par for 18 days.

    It was great seeing you guys at Lagoon Josh.

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that video. You are so strong, Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great video. I'm glad the Johnson family keeps well-documented lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see an update... I love the video! So good to hear that your boys seem to be doing well. Hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you guys are doing really well...this is such a reminder of when my mom passed away. It has been interesting to see it through your point of view. I'm sure I can relate to how your boys feel :). I think about you guys everyday and keep you in my prayers. Thanks for the update...you are pretty amazing Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such am amazing person Josh. You and your boys are in our thoughts every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys are lucky to have you. We are lucky to have your boys! Luke is still pretty hilarious and I love being around Luke and Sam as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treasure to have so many videos and pictures. You're a wonderful Dad, even if you forget a few servings of fruits and veggies😉. And by the way, I love the sign on your door. Thinking of your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lindsay. Sorry we missed you, it would have been nice to visit.

      Delete
  10. James texting you outside your door. That is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete